Fraport has taken over the running of Mytilene International Airport and there are impressive plans for the development of the airport.
The program of work for the next 4 years currently includes:
- New Terminal – artists impressions below
- nearly double the size of current terminal
- increased check-in facilities from 7 to 9
- New aircraft parking
- New fire station
While the development in progress, immediate work will include:
- Improved lighting
- Upgrading and improving sanitation
- Improving services (including free WiFi)
- Improving fire safety
There is also a new website – click here to view.
It all points towards an exciting future for tourism to our favourite island.